JOB DESCRIPTION FOR COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER, NUTRITON ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM, SRICITY, TELANGANA
ABOUT SMILE: Smile Foundation is a national level development organisation promoted by a group of young corporate professionals with the idea of catalyzing civic driven change. They believed that development is not only the responsibility of the Government but the corporate sector has to share the responsibility of ensuring development of a country. The mission of Smile is to empower children, their families and communities through improved access to education, nutrition, healthcare and livelihoods. Currently Smile is working in 27 states of the country with its projects under the four areas: Mission Education, Healthcare, STeP – An Employability Enhancement Program and Women Empowerment Program (Swabhiman).
The “Nutrition Enhancement Program: Improving the nutritional status of Children and Pregnant & Lactating Women” will be implemented in 12 villages of Sri City SEZ Area in Chittor district of Andhra Pradesh, India. This project aims to improve the nutritional status of the target population in 12 villages in Sri City of District Chittoor, in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The project area has widespread prevalence of anemia, malnutrition, discontinuation of schooling and lack of opportunities for Children, Pregnant & Lactating women as established through our baseline survey carried out last year. The strategic approach of the project comprises BCC strategy for awareness building of School children, Pregnant & Lactating women and identified stakeholders on nutrition including regularity of IFA intake, strengthening relevant sectoral program and strengthening AWCs. The intervention is in its design phase.
JOB TITLE: Community Health Workers to be based in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 6
DURATION: 36 months (full time) renewal depending upon project continuation
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Health Worker (CHW) will be responsible for helping target beneficiaries and families to navigate and access community services, other resources, and adopt healthy behaviors. The CHW supports providers and the Care Management Coordinator through an integrated approach to care management and community outreach. As a priority, activity will promote, maintain, and improve the health & nutrition status of target beneficiaries by conducting series of community level activities and trainings. Provide social support and informal counseling, advocate for individuals and community health needs, and provide services by linking them with the existing Govt. infrastructure. Community outreach, such as home visits and health screenings will be required. Each CHW would be responsible for two villages.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
• A dynamic self-motivated and committed development professional in her later 20s or early 30s
• A Graduate Degree or Diploma preferably in development studies, social work, rural development/management or nutrition etc.
• At least three years’ experience in implementation of program for women and/ Children with reasonable exposure to Social Behavior Change Communication & Nutrition
• Command over Telugu (both written and spoken); with knowledge of English and Hindi (both written and spoken)
• Experience in nutrition and health project
• Understanding of social behavioral change communication (SBCC) and facilitation skills
• Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting Skills
• Good people oriented skills, should enjoy interactions with people in the community and other stakeholders
• Understanding of the government system, programs and schemes
• Understanding of social and gender contexts and framework
• Self-driven and willingness to take initiative
• Excellent documentation skills
• Ability to address issues and problems on a timely manner and seek solutions in consultation with the NGO partner and the Project Director
• Enthusiasm for community engagement and networking
• Sound values and work ethics
To be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org;